Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jesus Christ Finished It!

IT IS FINISHED!  In John 30:19, this is what Jesus said just before he died for us.  I believe that those words have been over looked throughout the years in the Body of Christ.

Have you ever stopped to think about what Jesus meant when he said those words?  Maybe you already know, and maybe you already understand that he was not simply taking about his assignment was over, and that now he could go back to his Father.

I would like to visit the first word in his sentence, "IT" and to understand what was included in the "it" that was finished. 

I would think that the last words a person speaks before they die are important to all who knew them;  if you will allow me to think out loud with you today.  I have never experienced anyone saying their last words before they died so I don't know, just speculating.

Let's look at something Jesus said that may help us on this road of discovery.  In John 5:19, we find these words: "Then answered Jesus and said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do: for what things soever he doeth, these also doeth the Son likewise."  (KJV)

I believe that Jesus meant something of importance in these words he spoke, and I base it upon his relationship with the Father.  Unlike our tendencies, God and Jesus simply do not just ramble off words.  They have purpose, and just like Jesus we are to live by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God.-Matthew 4:4  Jesus patterned himself after the Father and was obedient to the Father in everything he did.

Let's not lose sight of why God sent Jesus.  The purpose (and by no means is this list in its entirety), was to redeem mankind from the hand of the enemy-1 Corinthians 6:20, by being the final sacrifice-Ephesians 5:2(paying the price to get us back once and for all time) for our sin which resulted in eternal separation from God.  In the gift of Jesus, God made provision for our eternal life-John 3:15-18, peace-John 14:27 and Philippians 4:4-7, health-1 Peter 2:24 and Isaiah 53:4-5, needs-Matthew 6:33 and 3 John 2, righteousness-Matthew 5:6 and adoption into the family of God-John 1:12

WOW, that journey has led us to the beginning of understanding what the "IT" means in Jesus' last statement on the cross, when he said, "It is finished."  That one word carries a lot in it for you and I, and we have a right to everything God sent Jesus to pay for with his blood, if we have received Jesus as our Lord and Saviour.  Jesus defeated the enemy of God (Satan) and now we can understand better about Jesus Christ and Him Crucified; because Jesus has been given all power in heaven and in earth-Matthew 28:18-20, and the validity cannot be denied of what Jesus accomplished and finished on the cross-Colossians 2:6-15.

So no matter what comes up against us, we can proclaim with boldness what Jesus said, "IT IS FINISHED!"  And now we say:

I am forgiven
I am righteous
I am healed
I am free
I am provided for
I am loved
I am blessed
I am redeemed
I am an overcomer
I am . . . . . .
By the power of God, which is the gospel of Christ-Romans 1:16

Rejoice in and resolve within yourself Jesus Christ and Him Crucified is my answer!

For we are Ambassadors of Christ-2 Corinthians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment