Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

Let's call today "Great Friday!"  Praise to our Lord Jesus Christ who causes us to triumph.

As I reflect today on why we celebrate Great Friday, I can't help but to be humbled at the fact that God loved us so much that he gave Jesus for the purpose of redeeming our lives from destruction.

In order to redeem our lives from destruction, Jesus was subjected to destruction.  In my past posts I added a link to how the Romans would crucify people in Jesus' day, and the reality of what Jesus did for us.

I use to simply be glad for "Good Friday" because at most of the Christian Preschools where I worked we would have this day off work.  I would never even think about what this day truly meant for me as a child of the Most High God.

I am ashamed to even admit this to you, but none-the-less it is true.  I would spend my day doing what "I" wanted to do because this was my day and I deserved if off.  If someone asked me if I were going to attend the "Good Friday" service at church, can you believe that I would pause and try to come up with some kind of excuse?

I am ashamed!  Is there anyone else out there who can relate to my story?  I rarely attended a Good Friday service, and would think, "well I'm going to church on Easter Sunday, so that's good."  As I became more enlightened, I stopped calling it Easter (which is a pagan holiday) and began calling it Resurrection Sunday. (see the history of Easter)

But now, since the Father has revealed to me the completeness and everything that was involved in Jesus Christ and Him Crucified, my attitude has changed.  I woke up this morning thanking God for this day.  If Jesus had not gone to the cross, where would we be?  How wonderful is God and Jesus for this day, and I should give them honor and praise.

God saw us way in the future and prepared Jesus for each one of us for the present.  Do you sometimes think about all the bad, crazy, illegal, insane and ignorant things you did in your life before Christ?  I do, and it's amazing that first of all that I am still alive, and secondly that I am not in some mental institution.  God's Grace is so wonderful, his love is so great towards us.

So, as we enjoy the day off (if you have this day off) or as you are working, take time today and thank God our Father and our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ for the plan of salvation by Jesus giving his life for all mankind.

I hope that you have not lost your desire and love for God.  If so, just read about and think about Jesus' crucifixion and what he went through for us.  Let this year be different on Good Friday and on Sunday when you attend church to celebrate Resurrection Day.

Then, let's celebrate Resurrection day every day by giving honor to God through Jesus for our salvation.

For we are Ambassadors for Christ - 2 Corinthians 5:20

No comments:

Post a Comment